If you live in New York City, like me, then you know this week it didn’t feel much like Fall.
However, according to the calendar and this weekend’s forecast, it is indeed Fall. It is one of the best times for men’s fashion, in my opinion, because there are a lot more options for improving your style. You can also hide some of those unwanted pounds under a lot of great layering ideas.
Like you, I am always looking for ways to improve my style for the season and when I find tips I like to bring them to our loyal readers. This week we are highlighting one of our favorite YouTubers, Alpha M. Aaron is one of our favorites because he actually puts in the work to bring helpful ideas that work for the everyday man.
One of his recent videos highlighted some important tips to follow this Fall. Here they are and my thoughts on them.
1. Boots – Aaron highlights the Chelsea boot, which has become a new favorite of mine because how versatile they are. You can use them for casual or more dressy looks. I actually purchased two new pair from Jack Threads. Jack Threads is a great service where you get to try on the items before you buy them. It is really easy and can be done all from home. Get 20% off when you use this link! But it doesn’t have to be just the Chelsea boots. There are so many different types, but boots have to be a part of your Fall fashion.
2. Jeans – Another essential has to be jeans. But jeans to me are not just essential during the Fall season. Jeans are mandatory in your fashion in general. But now that we are moving into cooler weather, jeans can be utilized a lot more. They are also versatile for casual and dressy looks. The bigger importance here is finding the right fit for your body. We will be doing a post on that very soon.
3. The Henley – I have been wearing Henley shirts for years. However, I have been wearing the wrong size. I was wearing them entirely too big for my size. Again, finding the right size is important. So I order two more Henley shirts from Jack Threads a couple of weeks ago. Not to be redundant but the best part of Jack Threads’ Try On Before You Buy option is that I was able to get those Henley shirts in two sizes and see which one fit me better. The truth is that sizes vary across designers, so a large in one designer may be very different in another designer.
4. Leather Jacket – A leather jacket is another essential in anyone’s closet (male or female). If you want to get that cool or edgier look, a leather jacket will do that for you. Here you may spend a little bit more than you are comfortable with, but these are worth the investment. You will probably have a leather jacket for years if you take care of it. I am big on “cost-per-wear.” How many times are you able to wear something before you have to get rid of it? I don’t believe you have to buy expensive things all the time, but certain pieces are investments (i.e. shoes, winter coats, etc.).
5. Crew neck sweater – I will say a sweater in general. It is the Fall and a sweater is one of my favorite go-tos. Depending on the weather, a sweater can easily be worn in replace of a jacket. It is also very versatile and can be worn in casual or professional looks. Notice a trend here?
6. Chinos – Here is another versatile item that can be worn in a professional environment or a night on the town. Again, you want to find the right fit for your body.
7. Flannel shirt – Flannel shirts made a big comeback last Fall and stacked up on a bunch of them. Flannel has been around for ages, but now designers are offering more fitted and versatile options.
8. Light weight sweater hoody – This isn’t the most versatile look, but it is great for those casual moments in your life. I love these when I am running errands on a Saturday.
9. Light weight field jacket – Beyond the leather jacket, we need other jackets in our repertoire for the Fall. The weather isn’t always that cold, so a light weight jacket is essential for this in between type of weather.
10. Light weight scarf – Scarfs are one of my favorite things and I have a ton of them. The only thing is I usually only wear one or two of them several times during the Fall and Winter seasons. Not this year! You do not need to break the bank when adding this Fall essential to your repertoire. You can find inexpensive scarfs even in your local drug store.
We even posted a few different options for tying your scarfs. Check out one of the options below.
A photo posted by KEMPIRE DAILY LIFESTYLE BLOG (@kempiredaily) on
Be sure to follow us on Instagram: KempireDaily
Be sure to check out Alpha M’s video below and be sure to subscribe.
Image via thenouveauimage.com